Saturday, February 21, 2009

Guest Post - Colt Wallace


My mommy has been so busy this week that she has not even had time to tell you about my first birthday party! I wanted to help her out so I offered to write it for her ... who better to write about my party than me, Colt Wallace.

I woke up early last Saturday morning because I was too excited to sleep! Mommy came and got me out of my crib and took me downstairs for breakfast. When she sat me in my seat I realized that everything looked really different. There were so many new things to see.

I had asked that we have a construction party since my head has been "under construction" for the last 6 months.
So, there was a dump truck in the middle of the table, construction hats on the hutch, balloons everywhere and caution tap all over the doors and light fixtures. I was captivated by everything and just sat in my chair to look at it for awhile. There were also extra people down there. My Poppy, Mimi and Pop had all come in, from the airport where they live, to play!

We all sat down and had a fun breakfast and then I got a bath. When I came back downstairs the doorbell rang and it was my friend Savvy Smith. When I welcomed her in I saw that Daddy had put big orange cones with "Happy Birthday" balloons lining both sides of the driveway ... it looked really good. After Savvy came in it seemed like the bell rang kept ringing and all of my friends were there. (Let's see, who all was there ... Addy Green, Kya Muse, Rylan Muse, Brock-olli, Park Prater, Miss Amber, Cornbread, Copper Lee, Maddox Lee and all of the parents that belong to my friends.) We all played on the floor and had the best time. Then, it was time for lunch.

Mommy and Daddy had made brown bag lunches, like a real construction worker would have. The bags had big sub sandwiches, chips, apples and juice (of course, I had a milk because I still need to grow more). After lunch Mommy got something out of the frig, which she called a cake, and everyone started singing to me. Everyone put on their construction party hats and sang "Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday dear Colt, Happy birthday to you." Then, the best part of the party happened.

Someone cut the cake and Mommy gave me a piece as big as my head. Oh my, it was so goooooood! It was so good I didn't know what to say, so I just shoved more of the cake into my mouth. In fact, it was so yummy that I wanted my whole face to get in on the fun so I rubbed my hands all over my face and hair ... I could not get enough cake. I kept eating it for almost 10 minutes and loved every second of it. Mommy finally took the plate form my chair and cleaned me off.


I was still interested in the cake and whined a bit when I couldn't have more. But, when we went in the living room we opened presents and that was fun too. I love the paper that gifts come with and liked to show it off after the present was opened. Since it was my first time to open a birthday present, Addy and Kya helped me open them all. I was getting really tired after all of this had happened so all of my friends went home so that I could take a nap.

It was a fun day and I can't wait for the next one ... any idea when that will be? If you see my Mommy, let her know that I would like another party soon so that I can have more cake!

2 comments: